The 2017 National Rugby League Series commences tonight on Nine, live and free. There will be three massive games per week leading up to the ultimate footy finals.
NRL provides Nine with consistent weekly ratings, dominating timeslot shares and appealing to both Male and Female demographics of all ages. 2016 saw the biggest Grand Final and biggest State of Origin Series in history. The 2016 Grand Final event attracted a massive 3.794 million viewers both Metro and Regional combined for Total People. The NRL also topped our favorite programs for the year taking out 4 of the top 5 programs for all metro viewers in 2016.
Here are some of the benefits from advertising within the NRL:
– Less commercials leading to greater cut through
– Highly engaged audience leading to stronger brand recall
– Consistent ratings and reach, increasing year on year
– Solus ad breaks available in live NRL
– Good mix of audience; 62% Male & 38% Female (based on metro figures)
Nine recently conducted a survey through Neilsen with Nine’s online community to reveal some fast facts about NRL consumers. Here are some of the insights:
– They are surrounded by family, with 40% having kids at home
– They are multiscreeners, with 44% using their mobile phones to access the internet while watching TV
– They also enjoy watching drama, entertainment, news and reality programs
– They like to keep fit, with 73% saying keeping healthy is a priority and 52% regularity exercising
– They utilise the internet for social connections, playing online games, searching product info and looking up recipes
– 29% are intending to buy a new car in the next 12 months – 2 years
– They love a good deal, 66% are on the lookout for deals and bargains when shopping
There is no doubt about it, Nine’s NRL coverage is a valuable option for advertisers. Make sure you are tuning in to Nine tonight at 7.30pm to watch the Cronulla Sharks v Brisbane Broncos live from Southern Cross Stadium in Cronulla.
If you would like to talk to us about getting your brand in front of the NRL consumer contact Q Advertising today on (07) 5455 0250.